Re: [LAU] Raspberry Pi and real-time, low-latency audio

From: Carlos sanchiavedraz <csanchezgs@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Apr 15 2013 - 11:39:55 EEST

Hello Jeremy,

2013/4/15 Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>:
> On 04/15/2013 10:14 AM, Carlos sanchiavedraz wrote:
>>
>> Hello again.
>>
>> I've done some testing with Raspbian following the great wiki
>> mentioned at the begining fo this thread[1].
>>
>> After some configuration (overcloking (just Modest mode at 800MHz, run
>> optimization script... but no Jack for the moment) I tried to connect
>> an UA25EX (UA25 newer version) but It failed the first time, it
>> rebooted itself, and then it kept rebooting all the time.
>

> Hello Carlos,
>
> Seems like the UA-25EX is drawing too much current. What kind of power
> supply are you using?

Just a USB cable from RPi to an A/C to USB adapter, and UA25EX
connected direct to the USB on RPi.

> It corrupted
>>
>> the 2GB SD, now I cannot even format and start all over again (the
>> system doesn't recognize or mount it).
>>
>> I think Jeremy and someone else have an UA25, did something like this
>> happened to you?
>

> Yes, that's why I'm now using a powered USB hub and I plug the UA-25 into
> the hub. The hub has a 5V/3.7A power supply. In my case I also experienced
> SD corruption when using a GPU frequency higher than 250.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jeremy

IIRC, when configuring using raspi-config, the Modest preset for
overclocking just increases the CPU freq from 700MHz to 800MHz. I
didn't want to risk my SD because I red that issue you mention, but it
seems that anyway I've left without my SD.

Thanks, Jeremy.

>> I've been using my RPi with Raspbian and RasBMC (this I think it has
>> 800MHz configured by default) for some time now, and all went ok and
>> never corrupted the SD card even having several reboots in this time.
>>
>> (Maybe I'll have to buy another SD card and try that 8GB image made
>> for Pure Data)
>>
>> Regards.
>>

>> [1]http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/raspberrypi
>>
>> -- Carlos sanchiavedraz