Re: [LAU] Video micing question

From: Pete Wright <pnwright@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Apr 21 2013 - 00:47:20 EEST

Three walls of trophies! Whew!

I only got a small broom-closet worth -- where most of them ended up, too.

Was especially proud to get Gold (best in show) with a little educational
film in Atlanta when that fest was still a big deal. “Harry and Tonto” was
the feature that year, and Art Carney bought me breakfast the morning after
the ceremony.

As to Roger Corman, the tea-kettle gimmick was a story he told about an
early sci-fi he did when they ran out of money for special effects. So the
very small model rocket jerked along on a wire through a cloud of
tea-kettle steam. It was B&W of course, and no worse, as I recall, than
some stuff I saw in early Dr. Who episodes.