Re: [LAU] Nice plugins for acoustic bass guitar ?

From: Al Thompson <althompson58@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Apr 21 2013 - 05:23:45 EEST

On 04/20/2013 09:16 PM, jonetsu@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Any suggestions for acoustic bass guitar plugins ? Apart from
> microphone techniques, I would like to have the sound somewhat more
> encompassing and less in the forefront. And maybe some sweet and
> subtle enveloping effect. This is of course to use with Ardour3.

Plugins are not a substitute for mic technique. Get the basic sound you
want with your mic choice and placement. Don't try to "fix it in the mix."

--
---
My bands, CD projects, music, news, and pictures:

My blog, with commentary on a variety of things, including audio,
mixing, equipment, etc, is at:
   http://audioandmore.wordpress.com

Staat heißt das kälteste aller kalten Ungeheuer.  Kalt lügt es auch;
und diese Lüge kriecht aus seinem Munde: 'Ich, der Staat, bin das Volk.'
                                                - [Friedrich Nietzsche]