Re: [LAU] Nice plugins for acoustic bass guitar ?

From: Bill Gribble <grib@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Apr 21 2013 - 05:38:09 EEST

An "acoustic bass guitar" is a bit of an oxymoron. The whole idea of it
was invented for "MTV Unplugged" so that bass players who couldn't play a
double bass would have something to do. Nobody ever hears them
acoustically, they just can't keep up with an unplugged band. You need a
much bigger body to decently reproduce low frequency sound. So forget
about mic technique, use a good DI, and treat it like an electric bass,
which it is.

Thanks,
Bill Gribble