Re: [LAU] "band in a box" solution for linux?

From: rosea.grammostola <rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 02 2013 - 18:01:18 EEST

On 04/05/2013 06:22 PM, Bob van der Poel wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 9:51 PM, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky<znmeb@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>> I've used Impro-Visor, although it's oriented towards jazz and
>> learning to improvise rather than providing a generic accompaniment
>> tool set.
>
> As the author of MMA I'd like to invite you all to give it a try. I
> can tell you that I use it and the generated MIDI files on daily
> basis for practice and for the occasional solo gig.
>
> http://www.mellowood.ca/mma

Working from a command line/ script is not my most favorite workflow
when composing or music editing. I tried the gui Linuxband, but found
two major drawbacks for me:

1) no mixer to turn off an particular instrument
2) no funk style

And probably it would be more easy to have a more flexible way to route
midi to a certain sample (also without a 'hard coded' instrument number).

I was searching for an alternative to impro-visor, cause that Java app
is slow, but afaik it's the best option still.

\r