Re: [LAU] Questions about LV2

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 15 2013 - 00:42:52 EEST

Hello Hermann!
   In the end it almost comes down to the same point. At least from my point of
view. The host might - in theory - have a go at receiving and sending such
extra messages, but since they are not normed in any way, the plugin and its
UI can practically do what they want.
   There are a couple of plugins, that load files (samplv2, zyn, I think the IR
convolver,...) and they all rely on their GUIs. It seems to me, that it's
mostly loading and saving of files, that is done outside the LV2 plugin ports.
   So in more general terms, I ask myself: why is that so? Was there no room in
the specification to allow "sntadardised" transmission of strings? It's not an
abnormal thing one wants to do? I think there is an LV2 version of Guitarix,
is there not? Can you load files into anything or give names to something? If
so, how do you do it?
   Warm regards
         Julien