Re: [LAU] traktion for linux beta

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 17 2013 - 23:48:30 EEST

On Fri, May 17, 2013 8:36 am, Brett McCoy wrote:
> On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 11:21 PM, Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, May 16, 2013 6:46 pm, michael noble wrote:
>>> Personally not much interest here but looks like the Linux DAW space
>>> just
>>> got a little busier.
>>>
>>> http://www.tracktion.com/linux
>>
>> Sports a Ubuntu logo, but it is not available from any of the Ubuntu
>> repos... or even on USC... where you can buy closed stuff. The web page
>> has a download button... right below that there is a system requirements
>> button which opens a window that talks about OSX and windows systems
>> that
>> will run this software.
>
> It wouldn't be in a repo anyway, as it's only a beta release.

There's alpha stuff in the repos. But I think the real reason is they want
to know who tests it for them. And who to bug to buy the release version.
Only 64bit and only Ubuntu seems pretty narrow. they should be looking at
how ardour does stuff. (or opera for that matter)

I help with ubuntu (UbuntuStudio actually) so it is nice they chose
that... but I would make something that works for everyone if it was me.
(32bit with an installer for binary, src in a tar ball)

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net