Re: [LAU] traktion for linux beta

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sat May 18 2013 - 00:08:20 EEST

On Fri, 17 May 2013 22:48:30 +0200, Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> There's alpha stuff in the repos. But I think the real reason is they
> want
> to know who tests it for them. And who to bug to buy the release version.
> Only 64bit and only Ubuntu seems pretty narrow. they should be looking at
> how ardour does stuff. (or opera for that matter)
>
> I help with ubuntu (UbuntuStudio actually) so it is nice they chose
> that... but I would make something that works for everyone if it was me.
> (32bit with an installer for binary, src in a tar ball)

Full ACK.

I sent bug reports. I'm not much interested in this software, but a little
bit. More important IMO is that Macki and Behringer sell it with their
hardware, so there's a little chance, that hardware vendors care more
about Linux.

Some from this list call Behringer crap. I can confirm that Behringer is
far away from the quality of the other gear I own, but I suspect they are
market leader. The sound quality of some gear is ok, it's just durability
that can't compare with the other gear I own. I own gear that is 30 years
old and never needed to be repaired, I had to repair the mixer I own after
3 years.

Unfortunately Traktion doesn't run on Ubuntu yet. At least not on my
Precise and Quantal and somebody else from this list reported the same
error message.