Re: [LAU] [OT] photo processing (was Distro upgrade vs: new install)

From: Barney Holmes <djbarney@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jun 01 2013 - 19:41:04 EEST

Or there's this ... https://github.com/markandrus/Sonify#readme

"Sonify is a JACK plugin I hacked together that encodes images into audio
and vice-versa, in realtime.

That is, given an image, Sonify generates a matrix of waveforms with
frequencies and amplitudes corresponding to the hue and luminance
components of each pixel (HSL color model) mapped over a given frequency
range. Sonify iterates through the given image row-by-row, pixel-by-pixel,
and plays back the corresponding waveform for a specified amount of time.
Simultaneously, Sonify calculates the frequency and amplitude of incoming
audio during this time, generates a corresponding HSL pixel (given S = 1),
and draws this pixel to a new image."

I have not used it yet so don't know if it works / is useful, etc.

~~~
Home site - http://djbarney.org