[LAU] Debian audio production starting tips (was: Jack, lowlatency, generic, update)

From: Alf Haakon Lund <alf@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jun 03 2013 - 10:58:09 EEST

On 02. juni 2013 22:10, Barney Holmes wrote:
> For general playback of audio or for audio production and composing music ?

Small scale audio production: Record stuff and do some simple editing
and multitrack mixing. I'm (slowly) on my way learning Ardour and have
plans to dabble with hydrogen and try to understand VST and synth emulators.

Additionally, I'm using my system for general office tasks, through
libreoffice, firefox, notes etc.

I've been running Ubuntu Studio the last year or so (now on 12.10) and
like it, but after my mess with the generic kernel I want to look at
debian as a possible alternative to 13.04.