Re: [LAU] nice piece of USB hardware for 7.1 output

From: Harry van Haaren <harryhaaren@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jun 06 2013 - 00:18:13 EEST

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 3:25 PM, Jörn Nettingsmeier <
nettings@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> it runs fine at 124x4, haven't tried to push the latency down more, but
since it only has outputs, what's the point anyways?

Live performance using MIDI input is a use case.. I'd be intrested what
latencies it can do if you wouldn't mind testing? One of 128 * 2, 128 *
3, 64 * 4 or 64 *3 would probably run best... 64 * 2 would be
amazing for the channel count though :D

On another topic, how would using 2 of these fare for WFS applications? It
would make the cheapest 16 output channel external soundcard that I know
of.. but I fear that the non-sample accurate sync would throw off source
perception?