Re: [LAU] Fireface UCX

From: Florian Hanisch <fhanisch@email-addr-hidden-potsdam.de>
Date: Fri Jun 07 2013 - 02:47:21 EEST

Hi,

I use the ff ucx via USB. As far as I know, it is not possible to use
it via firewire.

I getting reasonable sound results using the usb class compliance
mode, you have to make sure that this mode is enabled on the device
(it is NOT by default).

The ALSA driver then recognizes the device. If you enter

aplay -l

in a terminal, you get a list with all devices available to alsa. If
it does not appear there, try the comand

dmesg

to look for error messages of the alsa kernel module. If I do that, I
find a message

usbcore: registered new interface driver snd-usb-audio

indicating that the interface is working. Then, the device is
available in pulse-audio and also jack, you can choose it there.

I should add the following: My system (and in particular the alsa
kernel module) is not up to date. I am still using an old customized
version, where I fixed a bug by hand (getting help from the alsa
list). As far as I remember, this bug was fixed so that the device
should work with the standard alsa kernel module. However, I never
tested it, maybe I find time to do that during the weekend.

Best,

Florian