Re: [LAU] Free Impulse Response files for guitarists

From: hermann meyer <brummer-@web.de>
Date: Thu Jun 20 2013 - 06:47:49 EEST

> Thx! Not tried them yet, but I am wondering what the second load of IRs is?
> It just looks like a load of bands/songs and I don't understand how you
> would generate an ir from that.. I guess it might be able to model the
> overall reverb on the track but I can't see how it would be of relevance
> to modeling individual guitar amp internal reverb?

Here is a Video were david fau casquel explain how he create those
IR-files and how to use them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYjdMi2VW9A

I found for guitarix the best use of those files is by running them with
just the tubescreamer and a ampmodel before the convolver.
(Both packages would be part of the next guitarix release) :-)