Re: [LAU] Fixing a MIDI issues

From: Al Thompson <althompson58@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jul 15 2013 - 05:55:32 EEST

On 07/14/2013 03:37 PM, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hello everyone!
> this is perghaps not straight on topic, but I couldn't find a
> satisfactory answer anywhere else.
> I'm having trouble with my JV-1080. Only every second note gets
> played. I checked different input devices and different cables, direct
> and indirect connections.
> It seems to be a problem of the Roland itself. Internal sounds,
> demos and the preview button, work fine. Any idea, what this might be?
> It looks so systematic, as if it might be by design, but I don't know
> any feature, which should allow for that.
> Sorry to spam the list and thanks for following me so far.
> Warm regards
> Julien

IIRC, the JV1080 engine has, as one of it's many obscure features, one
which will alternate every other note event on each LR output. If you
are listening to only the left, for example, you would hear only every
other note

--
---
My bands, CD projects, music, news, and pictures:

My blog, with commentary on a variety of things, including audio,
mixing, equipment, etc, is at:
   http://audioandmore.wordpress.com

Staat heißt das kälteste aller kalten Ungeheuer.  Kalt lügt es auch;
und diese Lüge kriecht aus seinem Munde: 'Ich, der Staat, bin das Volk.'
                                                - [Friedrich Nietzsche]