Re: [LAU] Zita-ajbridge ?

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jul 20 2013 - 17:23:09 EEST

On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 09:36:22AM -0400, Marc Lavallée wrote:

> But when running jackd with my 16bit USB module, Mplayer is converting
> its output to 16bit. When running Jack with a 24bit sound card or the
> aloop device, Mplayer's output is floatle (as expected), even when
> forcing Jack to run in 16bit with the "--short" option.

As said, unless you have some voodoo SW on your machine, that is
not possible. If mplayer uses jack, it doesn not know anything
about the sound card. Not the sample format, not the number of
channels, only the sample frequency.

> Another problem: when starting Jack with a 2 channels sound card,
> Mplayer can't output more than 2 channels.

Again, mplayer can't know this. Your are probably running on
some other soundcard, not using Jack.

Ciao,

--
FA