Re: [LAU] Still here (not as often as I'd like)

From: Will J Godfrey <WillGodfrey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 05 2013 - 00:13:10 EEST

On Sat, 3 Aug 2013 23:47:07 +0200 (CEST)
Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Hello Will!
> Thanks for this latest addition to your tunes. the mixing is good and the
> arrangement, although small, is well chosen. It works well together and
> doesn't get in each others way. Some might say, this is absolute child's play
> with a small arrangement, but even with synths, you need to take care of a few
> things.
> I liked the addition of the second choir sound in the background. I assume
> it was a second choir sound and not just the lower register. Whatever it was,
> it came in nicely.
> the tune itself is definitely not my favourite one of yours. Too happy,
> especially after reading these triste, reprimanding words, which accompany the
> piece. Also it gave the appearance of being played rather haltingly,
> hesitatingly. As if you weren't sure, where to go to next. Knowing, that you
> can play differently, I asume, that this was done deliberately and later on it
> slowly winds down.
> but what can you say, I don't even like all the tunes by my favourite band
> in the world. So, I'll be happily waiting until the next tune. :-) It's good
> to know, that you are there, making music, even though you haven't done as
> much as you'd have liked to in the recent past. Such things usually go up and
> down.
> Warm regards
> Julien

> http://juliencoder.de/nama/music.html

Hi Julian,
Thanks for such a detailed review. Yes, there are two distinct choir parts. The
chords and the lead were played together - look ma! both hands :) as an
improvisation, so some of the hesitation is due to that.

Later I did some timing correction magic in Rosegarden before adding the
accompanying parts, but leaving it not 'perfect' was indeed a deliberate
artistic decision.

I frequently do pensive/introspective work but downright unhappy is
something I've only done a couple of times.

--
It wasn't me!
(Well actually, it probably was)