Re: [LAU] sortof OT -- ART tube pac preamp and compressor noisy?

From: Rusty Perez <rustys.lists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 13 2013 - 18:08:38 EEST

Hi folks, Thanks for your thoughts!
I'm sure you all see me for the newby I am. And if not, these
questions will expose me! :-)

First of all though, the hum I am hearing is very faint and is covered
up when music is played. I don't want you to imagine that it's loud at
all.

You've all given me some good info.

Fons, you're right. I'm going from the xlr out on the tube pack to one
of the xlr ins on the delta 1010lt. I kindof figured that was
understood since I mentioned the xlr connections, but one cannot
assume. Anyway, I'll look at the jumper situation. I really don't want
to take my machine apart though. :-)
Do I understand correctly that set on the mic setting, the card gives
the xlr ins a 60 db boost?

Also, when I get really close to my ART tube pac unit, I hear a quiet
humming from the box itself. Is this normal for a piece of equipment
with tubes in it? :-) Could this suggest a problem, and is this hum
introducing itself in to my signal at low levels.

Thanks for mentioning the usb pre Len. I don't see it mentioned when
ever anyone talks about usb interface options on linux.

Thanks!
Rusty