Re: [LAU] Linux Audio podcast. episode002

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 14 2013 - 22:49:32 EEST

Hello Louigi!
   I think, you've gotten quite a lot of responses. Here's my take, I'll try to
be short.
   I do file bugreports to a few projects. But in those few, things are moving
forward. Yes, things sometiems break and it's frustrating, when I'm in teh
flow. But I've seen improvements. Though, I must admit, that some issues keep
coming back. But a big program has a lot of places, where it can break. That's
just natural. I've also seen professional, industrial development. Of course
in the end, they have to release code, that is working, but how often, do they
have issues coming back. That's what you said about sticking with public
releases, instead of keeping your finger on the pulse.
   I have been recording music for 11 years now, with Linux. My music is not
terribly demanding on technology, but it keeps demanding more and more over
time. I'm not sure, if my luck is due to the commandline, it tends to
eliminate a lot of problems, or if I'm just lucky with my Linux. :-)
   But now I ave to sign off and do a bug report. Though this didn't hinder me
from making progress with my latest piece. Luck again?
   Warm regards
         Julien