Re: [LAU] pro gear that runs embedded linux...

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Sep 07 2013 - 12:14:43 EEST

On Fri, Sep 06, 2013 at 09:30:19PM -0400, Al Thompson wrote:
> On 09/05/2013 04:20 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> >
> > An engineer want's to buy a mixer etc. and not a kernel. Known companies
> > selling professional mixers don't advertise that they have Alps faders
> > inside, this is done by companies who sell amateur mixers.
>
> Of course it is!! Professional grade companies use P&Gs!

>From what I remember of the ads in e.g. Studio Sound during
the heydays of big analog mixers, most of the big names used
P&G, and that *was* as selling point.

But there is indeed a very clear difference in how things are
marketed to professionals, prosumers and amateurs, even if the
first two seem to converge somewhat. If I see a plugin GUI with
rack handles, screws, shiny surfaces, an agressive color scheme
designed to stand out, big trademarks or any text yelling at me,
an illogical layout or any non-functional graphics, I know that
I shouldn't waste my time with it.

Ciao,

--
FA