Re: [LAU] M/S EQ in Linux

From: Gordon JC Pearce <gordonjcp@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Sep 14 2013 - 11:21:01 EEST

> On Friday 13 September 2013 09:47:46 Bob van der Poel did opine:
>
> Funny, or sad ... in the 60s and 70s phone companies boasted about the
> fidelity and robustness of their landlines, and now we need to put up
> with the crappy cell phone (which sounds like shit, and drops calls
> more frequently than a whore's drawers). Stereo systems were installed
> and balanced to a room, now it's a $20 pair of ear buds on a phone
> playing a lo-res mp3.

A bit off-topic, but if I never have to use a crackly lo-fi landline again I'll be quite happy. I haven't had a phone plugged in to mine for several years, and the only reason I still have a copper pair running to the house is that it's the only way to get broadband out here. I don't believe I actually have a landline phone to plug into it any more.

In a month or so when I change phone contracts I'm going to stick a 3G router up on the mast and ditch ADSL and the expensive crappy landline altogether.

--
Gordonjcp MM0YEQ