Re: [LAU] Some music recorded with Linux

From: Bearcat M. Şándor <bearcat@email-addr-hidden-soul.com>
Date: Tue Sep 24 2013 - 01:22:50 EEST

Here's one insignificant bird...er.. cat giving you a hint. It would be
great to hear.

If you share it, i promise not bother the birds.

Thanks,

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 3:20 PM, Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hiddenwrote:

> Yesterday I made one of the most rewarding concert recordings
> I ever did. The opening concert of the 'Traiettorie' festival
> here in Parma, with violinist Hae-Sun Kang and five of her
> twenty-something students of the chamber music class in Paris.
> One of the pieces they played was Arnold Schoenberg's 'Verklaerte
> Nacht', the original version for string sextet. I've known it for
> at least thirty years and recorded it many times. It's IMHO one
> of the most beautiful pieces of music ever written. It's also
> quite a difficult one to get right - a string quartet already
> requires a lot of very intimate coordination, and with six
> players this only gets much more complex.
> I'd been present at the rehearsals the days before the concert,
> and seen those young musicians work on it - passionately and
> without compromise. The recording has all the defects of a live
> one - background noises of all sorts - but I think they played
> wonderfully. Equipment used was two Neumann KM184 mics, an RME
> Micstasy and Ardour3. I can't make it available publicly, but
> if the rare birds who like this type of music give me a hint
> there may be some chance. Not that I want to show off my work,
> which is insignificant, but just to share what some talented
> and motivated young musicians are capable of.
>
> Ciao,
>
> --
> FA
>
> A world of exhaustive, reliable metadata would be an utopia.
> It's also a pipe-dream, founded on self-delusion, nerd hubris
> and hysterically inflated market opportunities. (Cory Doctorow)

Bearcat M. Şándor
Feline Soul Systems LLC
Voice: 872.CAT.SOUL (872.228.7685)
Fax: 406.235.7070
Jabber/xmpp/gtalk/email: bearcat@email-addr-hidden-soul.net
MSN: bearcatsandor@email-addr-hidden
Yahoo: bearcatsandor
AIM: bearcatmsandor
My public pgp key is included for verification of my identity