Re: [LAU] sample rate converter?

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 27 2013 - 16:49:57 EEST

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 09:37:00AM -0400, Grekim Jennings wrote:

> I need to convert 24-bit 48000 .wav to 44100 .wav.
> What's your go-to converter for this?
> Quality would be my first consideration,
> 2nd would be ease of install or build,
> 3rd would be I have a preference for command line.
> This would be for off-line use.

I use zresample wich comes as an example app with the zita-resampler
library. Apart from resampling it can also change the sample format,
and add dither if the output is 16-bit. It handles any number of
channels.

> zresample --help

zresample 1.4.0
(C) 2007-2012 Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
  Display this text: --help
  Output file type: --caf, --wav, --amb
  Output sample rate: --rate <sample rate>
  Output sample format: --16bit, --24bit, --float
  Dither type (16 bit): --rec, --tri, --lips
  Add zero padding : --pad
The default output file format is wav, 24-bit, no dithering.
Integer output formats are clipped, float output is not.

Ciao,

--
FA