Re: [LAU] sample rate converter?

From: <peter@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 27 2013 - 17:15:14 EEST

> On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 09:37:00AM -0400, Grekim Jennings wrote:
>
>> I need to convert 24-bit 48000 .wav to 44100 .wav.
>> What's your go-to converter for this?
>> Quality would be my first consideration,
>> 2nd would be ease of install or build,
>> 3rd would be I have a preference for command line.
>> This would be for off-line use.
>
> I use zresample wich comes as an example app with the zita-resampler
> library. Apart from resampling it can also change the sample format,
> and add dither if the output is 16-bit. It handles any number of
> channels.

also, of course, sox (which has a larger selection of dithers if you need
that). and there's sndfile-convert (in the suite of libsamplerate tools).

there have been some debates over the years about respective quality of
these various tools... i'd be interested if anyone has recent test
results!

cheers!
.pltk.