Re: [LAU] sample rate converter?

From: Jörn Nettingsmeier <nettings@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 27 2013 - 23:00:25 EEST

On 09/27/2013 04:15 PM, peter@email-addr-hidden wrote:
>> On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 09:37:00AM -0400, Grekim Jennings wrote:
>>
>>> I need to convert 24-bit 48000 .wav to 44100 .wav.
>>> What's your go-to converter for this?
>>> Quality would be my first consideration,
>>> 2nd would be ease of install or build,
>>> 3rd would be I have a preference for command line.
>>> This would be for off-line use.
>>
>> I use zresample wich comes as an example app with the zita-resampler
>> library. Apart from resampling it can also change the sample format,
>> and add dither if the output is 16-bit. It handles any number of
>> channels.
>
> also, of course, sox (which has a larger selection of dithers if you need
> that). and there's sndfile-convert (in the suite of libsamplerate tools).
>
> there have been some debates over the years about respective quality of
> these various tools... i'd be interested if anyone has recent test
> results!

http://src.infinitewave.ca/

zita has been in there for a while, and it looks good. :)

note: before anyone gets their panties all in a knot about aliasing,
look at the color scale. even if it looks scary, it's probably at
-120dB. if you want to see bad, check out the wavosaur. :)

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487