Re: [LAU] Theramin oscillator for LADSPA?

From: Lorenzo Sutton <lorenzofsutton@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 08 2013 - 17:50:22 EEST

On 06/10/2013 22:29, Ken Restivo wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 06, 2013 at 10:55:15AM +0000, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
>> On Sun, Oct 06, 2013 at 01:59:15AM -0700, Ken Restivo wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.horst-theremin.com/images/_mid%20600%20Hz.jpg
>>
>> You don't need to reproduce the waveform, but the spectrum,
>> which is roughly:
>>
>> Freq Amp
>> ---------------
>> 1 1.000
>> 2 0.191
>> 3 0.065
>> 4 0.041
>> 5 0.019
>> 6 0.012
>
> Cool, thanks.
>
> How would one do that with LADSPA plugins? 6 sine wave oscillators into a mixer, one for each harmonic?

You might look into using Pure Data: you can both have:
- (virtually) any number of oscillators with the advantage that each
partial's strength (and frequency) can be independently and dynamically
modified
- the [tabosc4~] object which is a wavetable oscillator. The [sinesum(
message sent to a table (a.k.a. array) with partial strengths will do
the sum for additive synthesis. In this case of course it woun't be
possible to dynamically change the partials' strength (although I think
people have used tricks to switch between different tables seamlessly).

Not to mention the many built-in features to connect to the external
world for control such as MIDI, OSC, TCP/IP, arduino, to mention a few..

Hope this helps.
Lorenzo