Re: [LAU] [LAD] io GNU/Linux V2 RC1 out :)

From: Russell Hanaghan <hanaghan.osaudio@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Oct 13 2013 - 03:21:26 EEST

~ Russell

On Oct 12, 2013, at 5:16 AM, MK aka El Doctor <el.doctor@laposte.net> wrote:

> Le vendredi 11 octobre 2013 11:22:10 vous avez écrit :
>> I really like this!! Been running it on several different machines doing
>> different stuff.
>>
>> What about permanent installs?
>>
>> ~ Russell
>>
>> On Oct 11, 2013, at 12:01 AM, MK aka El Doctor <el.doctor@laposte.net>
> wrote:

>>> Hi :)
>>>
>>> A new release is available, many bug fixes and live improvements... new
>>> softwares available such as ardour3 etc... :)
>>>
>>> http://manu.kebab.free.fr/iognulinux.html
>>> https://sourceforge.net/projects/io-gnu-linux/
>>>
>>> Enjoy
>>>
>>> MK
>
> Hi
>
> To make persistent usb stick, refer to:
> http://live.debian.net/manual/3.x/html/live-manual/customizing-run-time-behaviours.en.html#529
>
> persistence.conf for exemple:
>
> /etc/apt union
> /etc/cron.daily union
> /etc/cups union
> /etc/default union
> /etc/grub.d union
> /etc/init.d union
> /etc/modprobe.d union
> /etc/rc0.d union
> /etc/rc1.d union
> /etc/rc2.d union
> /etc/rc3.d union
> /etc/rc4.d union
> /etc/rc5.d union
> /etc/rc6.d union
> /etc/rcS.d union
> /etc/samba union
> /etc/wicd union
> /etc/xul-ext union
> /home
> /opt union
> /root union
> /sbin union
> /usr union
> /var/cache/apt/archives union
>
> Enjoy :)
>
> MK

Cool! Thanx for the tip.

Just heads up.. I downloaded the newer iso and put it on the same stick with dd. exactly the same procedure as with the prior iso. On my older Sony Vaio dual core 1.6 2gb ram, the 1st one worked flawlessly. Desktop design and eye candy really leaps out at you. The newer one... Enlightenment appears to have a few quirks; not all windows responding or behaving correctly for example.

Regards,