Re: [LAU] [LAD] io GNU/Linux V2 RC1 out :)

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sun Oct 13 2013 - 04:29:51 EEST

On Sat, 2013-10-12 at 17:21 -0700, Russell Hanaghan wrote:
> Enlightenment appears to have a few quirks; not all windows responding
> or behaving correctly for example.

All the times people claim "now enlightenment" is stable and all the
times when I was that stupid to test it, I experienced it as a PITA.
Some weeks ago was the first time that I was informed, that it should be
stable nowadays, but I wasn't interested to test it again. IIRC around
ten years ago JAD was the first audio distro using enlightenment and
likely the reason for it's unsuccessfulness.

IMO production environments should use lightweight, but much used DEs.
Gimmicks and a flashy design usually does point to shortcomings. My
impression is, that gimmicks and a flashy design are often more
important than functionality.