Re: [LAU] Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6

From: Will Godfrey <willgodfrey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Oct 13 2013 - 17:46:03 EEST

On Wed, 09 Oct 2013 10:04:22 -1000
david <gnome@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On 10/08/2013 10:52 AM, Will J Godfrey wrote:
> > On Wed, 9 Oct 2013 00:48:31 +1000
> > Danni Coy <danni.coy@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> >
> >> I concur with everybody else for me at least this sound card "just works (tm)"
> >
> > The one on loan to me arrived yesterday, and I must say I'm *extremely*
> > impressed with it.
> >
> > As you have all said, no trouble at all to set up, just plug in and set the
> > connections in qjackctl. Sound seems very clean and noise-free.
> >
> > I'm also very taken with the build. Nice and solid.
>
> Amazon reviewers suggest it has problems with clicks, pops and noise for
> some people (possibly connected with Windows drivers or when using
> phantom power):
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Native-Instruments-Komplete-Audio-6/dp/B004YPRPJ6/ref=sr_1_1/190-5544941-3647542?ie=UTF8&qid=1381348352&sr=8-1&keywords=native+instruments+komplete+6
>
> One reviewer said its distortion was 10x higher than FocusRite Scarlet 2i2.

It appears that the round-trip distortion of the KA6 is around 0.01% with a S/N
ratio better than 100dB.

You know, I reckon I can live with that!

I had looked at the 2i2 previously but was far from happy about possible
compatibility issues with Linux. Incidentally, it only claims 0.002% distortion
under ideal conditions. More real-world figures on their own website are very
similar to the KA6.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk