Re: [LAU] re Zoom R16

From: Brett McCoy <idragosani@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 15 2013 - 00:40:07 EEST

Hey man, I am in my studio now, here's what I am doing under Ubuntu Studio 13.04

1. Plugin USB cable to unit, turn it on
2. Press USB button on unit and activate USB functionality
3. lsub shows me this:

$ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 007: ID 1686:014f ZOOM Corporation
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 05e3:0719 Genesys Logic, Inc. SATA adapter
Bus 002 Device 003: ID 046d:c52b Logitech, Inc. Unifying Receiver
Bus 002 Device 004: ID 18e3:9106 Fitipower Integrated Technology Inc

4. aplay shows me this:

$ aplay -l
card 0: Generic [HD-Audio Generic], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: DSP [Hammerfall DSP], device 0: RME Hammerfall DSP + Multiface
[RME Hammerfall DSP + Multiface]
  Subdevices: 0/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 2: R8 [ZOOM R8], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Turnong on jack, I get an ALSA MIDI device and Jack in/out ports.
Running a2j -e (export hardware ports), ZOOM R8 is listed under Jack
MIDI.

This is working out of the box for me, I didn't need to install and/or
configure anything.

Pulseaudio seems to work better with jack out of the box on Ubuntu Studio 13.04