Re: [LAU] OT - Audio and Video Synch

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sat Oct 19 2013 - 01:42:40 EEST

On Fri, 2013-10-18 at 18:25 -0400, Monty Montgomery wrote:
> You'll not hit the limits of human perception in video-- even 10 bit
> isn't quite there, and you ca always get closer to see more
> resolution.

Have a black screen. Then have a white screen for 1 second, before it
turns black again. Provide an 1 KHz sine wave for 1 second. Sync the
white screen with the sine wave.

It's anyway hard to do a valid test. How far away is the screen? How far
away are the speakers?

DVB-T at least by the gear I own, is a PITA regarding to sync, but I
can't say how many ms it is out of sync, OTOH Thor's flashes and
thunders are terribly out of sync. Crappy gear made by humans is much
better, closer to acceptable sync, than what the gods are able to do ;).