[LAU] OT - Audio and Video Synch

From: James Stone <jamesmstone@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Oct 19 2013 - 00:36:17 EEST

Hi everyone,

I realise this is not strictly linux audio related, but I guessed that
the most likely people to be able to answer this would be on this
list.

I am wanting to get some audio and video recorded - sample accurately
- so there is minimal delay between audio and video, and no drift. Can
any format do this? Do you have recommendations about how to record a
file which will play back with perfect audio and video sync on all
players (file size is not an issue)?

Secondly, I am wanting to intentionally shift the audio timing so it
may be 5ms/10ms/50ms/100ms or more out of time with the video. Do you
have any suggestions on software which will do this?

Lastly, do any of you know any research about the limits of human
perception with these kinds of things?

Best wishes

James