Re: [LAU] [ANN] midifilter.lv2 v0.1.3

From: Bill Gribble <grib@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 23 2013 - 12:59:31 EEST

On Wed, 2013-10-23 at 12:09 +0400, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> In my jackass opinion, Ardour needs Ingen bundled, or maybe a similar
> built-in feature. (And some people would still want to see PD-like
> system inside it, much like Max4Live).

That last was a big goal of mine when I started work on MFP [1].
Something like PD, but less multimedia, more quantitative, and can be
inserted as a plugin anywhere that loads plugins. Sort of a swiss-army
knife for audio engineers/musicians/mad scientists who need to put
together a custom bit of signal generation, processing, analysis,
midi/osc mangling, etc.

Unfortunately :) I got a job about 6 months ago and work on MFP has been
at a near-standstill since my LAC presentation. But I have found some
time lately to work on a first pass at running MFP as a LV2 plugin,
which is a key missing piece of technology to enable the "max4live" type
workflow. I'm hopeful I can have a3 loading an editable, 2x2 patch
(with a fixed set of LV2 controls, the patch editor being
out-of-process) in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks,
Bill Gribble

[1] https://github.com/bgribble/mfp