Re: [LAU] new music--constructive criticism appreciated

From: Set Hallstrom <sakrecoer@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Oct 28 2013 - 18:07:07 EET

Hi!

Since i only have access to a pretty lo-fi soundsystem ATM, I'll be your
"kitchen blaster" tester :)

Sounds all good! i'm not an expert in accoustic guitar sounds. But i
enjoy the balance between guitar, vox and bass.

The cajon (drum?) is missing midtones thou. I wish the flat hand or, the
"snare", would have more "corps" (is it called formants? :D) I feel it's
a bit flat in the sense that it dosent really include any of the woods
timbre (i am assuming it's a wood cajon) and soudns a bit flat and paperish.

But rememeber: my sound system ATM is a modern kitchen radio - baaaad -
:) And since overall it sounds good, i think you are very close to
*success-mode*

Have a good week!

*set

On 2013-10-28 16:36, Rusty Perez wrote:
> Hi folks!
> I'm working on a project.
> I'd like your constructive criticism on this track, just to make sure
> I'm headed in a good direction.
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30068518/DoTheyKnowItsChristmas_1.mp3
>

> There will almost certainly be no retakes, but besides that, any
> commentary on eq or level or compression or effects or what ever would
> be appreciated.
> Or what's your over all impression?
>
> This will be the first time I've mixed an entire collection of music
> for myself so I'm a bit nervous and would like to get your take.
> Thanks!
> Rusty

Set Hallstrom
AKA Sakrecoer
http://sakrecoer.com
WARNING: Remember clear-text email is subject to mass surveillance
systems. Alone this information is useless. Our summed communications
are worth humanity.
Please keep in mind Internet is a boulevard in a crowded virtual city.
Privacy is found under the cloaks.