[LAU] Some heavy metal/rock'n'roll

From: Arve Barsnes <arve.barsnes@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Nov 02 2013 - 22:30:42 EET

Hello all!

Just released a debut release by a band I'm in last weekend, which I just
realised is pretty much a linux project. Everything was recorded straight
to harddrive through an analog mixer. So not an analog studio, but a
computerless studio anyway.

Drums recorded live with the rest of the instruments playing along in the
room, so a lot of guitars and bass on the drum tracks, so was quite a
challenge massaging the drums into sounding like drums without interfering
with the guitars (which we recorded on top of the drums afterwards the same
day). Everything recorded in two evenings a cold weekend earlier this year.

Mixed and fixed in ardour 2 this spring/summer (can't quite remember). Not
super happy with the sound, but it was a mess before the mixing process, so
quite satisfied after all.

Hope you enjoy!

https://alphatross.bandcamp.com/

Regards,