Re: [LAU] re Zoom R16

From: jmancine <jason@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Nov 17 2013 - 17:19:41 EET

I can't imagine many people wanting to use an 8 channel input device for
playback, so I think it is safe to consider it "working". :)

It may very well work for playback... I haven't tested it other than the
first time I started JACK with default settings after recompiling the
kernel. I am not sure why you would want to be playing back through the R16
anyway... was it was even designed to do this? Even if it is capable of
duplex playback, it would seem counterproductive to try and force it do so
while it is recording 8 channels of audio.

That said, if there is interest in the R16 as a playback device I can try to
get it running...