Re: [LAU] re Zoom R16

From: jmancine <jason@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 19 2013 - 19:46:16 EET

Man, I wish recompiling didn't take so darn long! Maybe someone can save me
some time... I am trying to figure out the correct parameters to update the
quirks-table.h file.

I believe that the endpoint we are after for playback is EP 3 OUT, and this
is the output of lsusb-v for that section:

Endpoint Descriptor:
       bLength 7
       bDescriptorType 5
       bEndpointAddress 0x03 EP 3 OUT
       bmAttributes 9
         Transfer Type Isochronous
         Synch Type Adaptive
         Usage Type Data
       wMaxPacketSize 0x006c 1x 108 bytes
       bInterval 1

The endpoint address is obviously 0x03, and I have transfered that to the
table. My problem seems to be with entering the bmAttributes value into the
.ep_attr section for the quirks-table.h file. Is ALSA expecting a hex type
value for ep_attr? The R16 seems to have an integer (9) whereas every other
device I have plugged in as a hex value for bmAttributes.

First attempt failed, I compiled with the integer "9" in ep_attr. Any
insight would be appreciated since it takes many hours just to test out a
single change. One thought I had was to just use 0x09 even though that is
not the actual hex value of bmAttributes... but that's a pure guess.