Re: [LAU] [OT] SW recommendation

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sun Dec 15 2013 - 11:40:49 EET

On Sun, 2013-12-15 at 13:13 +0400, Louigi Verona wrote:
> I looked at Tracktion, went through the registration - only to find
> they offer 64bit only. Eh...

... and SEGFAULT on 64-bit Linux. http://www.energy-xt.com/ is
cross-platform, but I never used it and it's not the software I was
thinking off in my previous mail. Windows is Windows, I don't think the
OP's son does need cross-platform software, he likely needs something to
share complete arrangements with his friends, so the most important
thing seems to be compatibility to the friend's software, not by
importing MIDI and audio files only, but by importing the complete
project, so he should use the same software as the friends do use.