Re: [LAU] question related output level and sound card

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 16 2013 - 22:51:51 EET

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 06:48:32PM +0100, Djého Youn wrote:

> for those who gave advice with main mixer, 'sorry I wasn't that clear. but
> mixer's input gain was max. and it was only half on the meter. then
> boosting mixer's channel/master only made my sound horribly distorted.

If that is the case, the problem is with the mixer or the amplifier
system following it, not with your signal. If the signal was undistorted
at the lower level, and boosting it in the mixer causes distortion, then
either the mixer or the amps are generating that distortion.

Or it could be that you were sending some signal that the mixer
or amps couldn't handle, e.g. very high level subsonic signals.
But these should have shown up on the mixer's meters, so that was
probably not the problem.

Ciao,

--
FA