[LAU] What on earth...

From: Will Godfrey <willgodfrey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Dec 22 2013 - 00:23:42 EET

did the debian devs think they were doing?

My music machine is set up precisely as I want it with no spare fluff or
eye-candy, and fits my workflow like a glove. I seldom make any changes, but
thought it high time I checked for upgraded packages. Up till now this has
never been any kind of problem and usually results in some tiny overall
improvements.

Today was different. Without asking, indeed, without even a warning, they
installed GDM, Gnome3 and pulse audio, thus rendering my computer totally
useless. The only thing I could do was reboot, then log into recovery mode,
find aptitude and delete the crap.

I will never really trust debian again :(

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk