Re: [LAU] Easiest way to extract score from an audio file

From: Edgar Aichinger <edogawa@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Dec 22 2013 - 16:47:26 EET

Am Sonntag, 22. Dezember 2013, 00:45:14 schrieb Philipp Überbacher:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm a really bad musician. I can play simple songs on the piano if I
> have the score. Now I know a nice little song that I'd like to play
> and sing. It's just piano and vocals and I'm sure that for any decent
> musician it would be a matter of minutes to figure out the score of this
> song. Is there some piece of software that can help to do this?
>
> In case anyone is curious, the song is "Ohne Dich" by "The Bates".

While I can (and often do) transcribe songs i want to play on guitar, i usually start by googling the song title with an additional search term like chords, score, sheet music, lyrics, midifile etc.

For your song I found this, alas for guitar, see if that helps you playing it on the piano. The picking pattern is easy, even if you don't play the guitar you should be able to determine the few notes involved. The chord progression is pretty simple anyway:

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/b/bates/ohne_dich_crd_844996id_06072009date.htm

HTH, Edgar