Re: [LAU] Jack Error, dbus, x11???

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 07 2014 - 01:23:02 EET

On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 5:05 PM, Kevin Utter <kvutter@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Hi all! I'm running Ubuntu 12.10.

Possibly the worst distro (version) for using JACK. There is a bug in
PulseAudio in this version of Ubuntu that makes it very hard to use JACK.

Upgrade, downgrade or prepare yourself for a lot of hassle.

Then there is this:

> I'm trying to run jackd from a terminal outside of Infinity desktop. (A
> separate login, I think?) When I run jackd with the parameters I need, I
> get the following:
>
> Failed to connect to session bus for device reservation Unable to
> autolaunch a dbus-daemon without a $DISPLAY for X11

this is a highly specialized use of JACK, and if you want to do this you
either need to know and understand a lot more about D-Bus or you need to
avoid using a version of jack with d-bus support builtin.