Re: [LAU] Exam Cheating investigation

From: Joe Hartley <jh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 15 2014 - 23:35:41 EET

On Wed, 15 Jan 2014 13:13:07 -0800 (PST)
Ivan K <ivan_521521@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Are there some tags embedded in these files?  How would I
> be able to see these tags myself?
>
> If there are no embedded tags, how did this student obtain
> this information?

I don't see anything that jumps out as a recognizable tag in either file
but all I did was to run "strings" against it.

There are apps like Shazam or SoundHound that can identify a piece of
music by listening to it. I can see an app giving a false ID, or multiple
choices if it's not sure, or a database at the back end having incorrect
information and offering both tracks up, especially if it's built off
of album track listings.