Re: [LAU] jackd on ARM?

From: Simon Wise <simonzwise@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 16 2014 - 04:22:37 EET

On 16/01/14 03:51, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:

>>> Yes, I do, on several devices.
>>>
>>> I get the same error described here:

>>> Never encountered this issue but that's probably because I'm using older
>>> kernels. That's not an option for you?
>>
>> Well I'm on a Pandaboard ES and I don't think kernel support has been
>> great for very long. Which version are you on?
>
> My Cubieboard2 runs 3.4.x I think and my Raspberry Pi is on 3.6.x. I've
> had a BeagleBone Black for a short while, not sure what that device was
> running, I think it was 3.10.x.

+1 for Raspberries, raspbian from has jack and my install (wheezy, middle of
last year) uses:

Linux rpi-1 3.6.11+ #371 PREEMPT Thu Feb 7 16:31:35 GMT 2013 armv6l

Raspbian is based on the debian version for the older arm, which they build for
arm5, but is compiled for arm6 with floating point etc to match the Pi, and has
the Broadcom GPU stuff and other drivers plus the media players etc that use
them. Debian also has an arm7 version if you are using a newer arm chip.

Simon