Re: [LAU] one piece with linux, one without

From: <bill@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 17 2014 - 14:45:27 EET

> The electronic piece had lots of interesting ideas, but for me they were too
> frenetically squashed together. Personally I need time to absorb a musical
> idea
> before going on to the next one.

i can understand this, Will. The piece was conceived as accompaniment for a
young gymnast's floor exercise routine, so it feeds off the high energy and
quick shifts from elegant dancing to athletic tumbling runs. i realize there's
always Nadia's Theme, and that can come later. This was my first piece written
with Linux, and i just wanted to get my hands dirty with the making. Once i'm
more in control of the technology in particular and recording techniques in
general, let's hope for a little maturity. Now if i can just find the right
bouncing teen....

> Very impressed with the organ piece :)

Thanks for listening, Will, and thanks for the kind words.
bill