Re: [LAU] one piece with linux, one without

From: <bill@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 17 2014 - 15:20:11 EET

> I really like that Chaconne! The chord voicings and structure reminds me a bit
> of Allan Holdsworth.
>
> -ken

THE Ken Restivo? Your music on bandcamp helps set some of my personal
standards, along with General Fuzz. Isn't he in San Francisco, too?

Anyway, thank you for listening! That's an interesting observation. The
recurring chaconne is loosely modelled off of Satie, so the Holdsworth reference
is not one i'd have made, myself. Nonetheless, i spent a LOT of time listening
to "Metal Fatigue" when it came out (on vinyl, at that!). i wouldn't be
surprised if some of that experience is tucked away underneath much of what i'm
concsiously doing.

Thanks, again, for listening, Ken.
bill