Re: [LAU] OT: Pierrot Lunaire (was: Re: Exam Cheating investigation)

From: Gene Heskett <gheskett@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jan 20 2014 - 16:21:46 EET

On Monday 20 January 2014 09:04:48 Arve Barsnes did opine:

> On 19 January 2014 21:32, Gene Heskett <gheskett@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > The Everley Bros., one of which just passed a week or so back, did
> > some truly phenomenal work before you were a gleam in Daddies eye. I
> > am sure you can find some poorly recorded videos on youtube. They
> > even had a tv show, till they got into a spat, live on tv, and one of
> > them walked off the set, and they never sang together again. And the
> > planet is musically poorer because of it.
> >
> > Come now, the reunion was in 1983, get with the times already ;)
>
> Arve

I knew there had been a re-union of sorts, but no more of their close
harmony was published that I am aware of. More of it would, IMO, sell well
even today. I of course know well that voices are fragile things, and by
1983, its possible the "magic" was gone. I quit our church choir about 10
years back when I no longer had the control to do the double-bass part my
voice is best at since about 1947. I was usually an octave below the bass
line in the hymnals. And I could have fun back in the day drowning out the
bass fellow of the Oakridge Boys when they were doing Elvira too. :)

Cheers, Gene

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Required reading:
<http://culturalslagheap.wordpress.com/2014/01/12/elemental/>
I've enjoyed just about as much of this as I can stand.
         law-abiding citizens.