Re: [LAU] new linux live set

From: Michal Seta <mis@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 23 2014 - 19:45:17 EET

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 3:42 PM, Djého Youn <ydjeho@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> some reasonable API (of course, on linux)

You may want to look at http://www.spinframework.org/
I am not sure what the future of this system is going to be because the
development has slowed down considerably, something else may emerge but the
beauty of it is that you can build and control your scenes with OSC. I have
used it for some of my own projects and participated in some projects that
use it.

It takes a little bit getting used to, there is no editing environment,
it's all done with OSC but that shouldn't stop you from giving it a spin
(pun intended).

Forget the Ubuntu packages because they have not been updated in a while,
it's probably better to build it from source but unfortunately the source
server seems to be down today :(
http://code.sat.qc.ca/spinframework

Michał