Re: [LAU] icecast with jack as input source

From: Peter Nelson <peter@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 24 2014 - 15:25:50 EET

On Fri, 2014-01-24 at 22:09 +1100, Patrick Shirkey wrote:

> So everyone uses darkice instead of ices for jack support? There is very
> little mention of that option in the search results that turned up for me
> and nothing in the official icecast documentation.

Never said "everyone". But I guess I must've compiled darkice myself
back when I used it, or I just streamed Ogg Vorbis. Most people I know
doing this stuff just pirate a copy of SAM Broadcaster.

> > Most likely because it's not written. You could provide a patch rather
> > than complain about probably imaginary politics.
>
> That doesn't make sense as supposedly the ices-kh package has been around
> for a while and is even included in Arch Linux. So why do *I* need to
> write a new patch when the ices-kh repo already has or had support at some
> point?

The usual reason for something not being there is that it does not exist
yet. Apologies for not bothering to research your issue more.

> Surely the icecast people are aware of the kh package(s)? Let's say for
> the sake of argument that hte kh codebase is considered inferior for some
> reason does anyone know if there a specific reason that officially
> sanctioned JACK support is not already included in the official ices
> codebase?

Why don't you ask them?

--
Peter Nelson <peter@email-addr-hidden>