Re: [LAU] A text-only environment for composing electronic music?

From: raf <rmouneyres@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 25 2014 - 16:31:52 EET

Hello,

you'l probably be happy to know the existence of three great tools : midish, linuxsampler and Nama.
1) midish is a command line midi sequencer with a lot of great features
http://www.midish.org/

2) linuxsampler, can be configured with lscp script (text files) without gui. You can have your sample banks generated with text files using the SFZ engine
http://www.linuxsampler.org/

3) Nama is a command line audio daw, with a basic Tk interface that you can disable.
Nama also offers a way to control midish so you can blend the two worlds.
http://freeshell.de/~bolangi/cgi1/nama.cgi/00home.html

Those solutions are used by several blind people with great success.

As for a future something which could be useful, i'm currently working on a tool to generate a complete audio/midi setup from human editable inifiles :
https://github.com/jerash/astrux

Raphaël