Re: [LAU] new song with ardour and freesound.org

From: Thorsten Wilms <self@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 29 2014 - 18:55:13 EET

On 01/29/2014 11:11 AM, Chris Bungue wrote:
> Than I have to write the credit/attribute for every sample I use, right?

Yes, for each sample that is not Zero but BY, BY-NC or Sampling+ licensed.

Freesound themselves suggest the following pattern:
This [video/theatre piece/...] uses these sounds from freesound:
sound1 by user1 ( http://freesound.org/people/user1/ )
sound2, sound3 by user2 ( http://freesound.org/people/user2/ )

This really calls for automation.

I mean to recall that the BY licenses suggest that the author specifies
how they would like attribution to happen. But hardly anyone does, so
name and link to the source is the way to go, usually.

--
Thorsten Wilms
thorwil's design for free software: